Your future self is waiting for you! You’ll find the best education possible at Imperial College London, UK’s only university concentrating on science, engineering, medicine and business. If you’re applying for Master’s study in autumn 2023, meet with our advisor to see how we can help!
This scholarship is for students who identify as black African, black Caribbean, black other, or mixed white and black African. We want to encourage more people of color to study at colleges and universities that offer master’s programs in fields that lead the PhD degree.
Why Choosing Imperial College?
Imperial is the only British university that focuses on science, engineering, medicine and business. Imperial offers over 100 undergraduate courses in fields such as aeronautics to biology and geophysics to medicine. There’s an abundance of options with nearly 150 Master’s programs and research opportunities, so you’re sure to find something that suits your needs. Our wide-range of programs are supported with professional development opportunities designed to set you up for future success.
Application Deadline: Applications open on Monday, 7 November 2022, at 23.59 (UK local time) and close on 26 May 2023.
- University or Organization: Imperial College London
- Department: Business, Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Full tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Students of Black Heritage
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications will be accepted from students of Black Heritage
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any Master’s degree courses in the Earth Science and Engineering Department. MSc Applied Machine Learning in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department.
- The master award program is available in each Faculty, such as Business, Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences, for Black applicants with home fee status.
- Admissible Criteria: To meet the eligibility criteria for a Presidential Scholarship, candidates must be in one of the following ethnic heritages or their equivalent in the respective application systems: Black – African, Black – the Caribbean, Black – Other, and Mixed – White and Black African, and Mixed White and the Black Caribbean.
- Other Mixed backgrounds – including Black African, Black Caribbean or another Black background.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. Register your interest here.
- How to Apply: To apply for a Presidential Scholarship, applicants need to 1. Search for the course you want to apply for. 2. Create an online account, submit an application through the application portal and apply as soon as possible – use the guide to How to apply for additional help.
- Supporting Documents: As part of your application, applicants must upload scanned copies of the academic transcripts and certificates for the higher education qualifications, submit proof of English language knowledge, provide the names of two suitable referees, and provide a personal statement.
Admission Requirements: All applicants have to meet the relevant entry requirements for admission to their preferred program. It may vary from one program to another program.
- Language Requirement: To study at Imperial College, students must meet their course’s required English language competency level. They have two English language attainment levels: Standard and Higher. English language requirements for postgraduate study.
Each scholarship covers the following:
- Home tuition fees up to £18,500* for eligible Master’s courses
- An annual maintenance grant of £16,500
- An allowance of £1,500 for equipment
- Mentoring support
- The full home tuition fees will be covered for the MSc Applied Machine Learning in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and any Master‡s courses in the Department of Earth Science and Engineering.