Algoma University’s Dean’s Award helps international students offset the cost of studying in Canada. Algoma University has already started to award the Dean’s Award for academic year 2023-2024.
Algoma University’s Dean’s Award is an entrance scholarship offered to all international students entering their first year of study at Algoma University. Applicants must have previous academic qualification with an equivalent country grade average of B+ or above, to be eligible for consideration. The award is valued at $1,000.
Established in 1965, Algoma University, commonly shortened to Algoma U or Algoma, is a public university with its main campus located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Algoma University is committed to being a welcoming, inclusive, safe, and respectful learning community.
There are many reasons to study at Algoma University, but we want you to experience it for yourself. We offer endless opportunities in and outside the classroom, allowing for personal growth. Our roots go back to personal experiences that enable us to create even greater opportunities together.
Application Deadline: Applications will close for overseas applicants on December 16th, 2022.
- University or Organization: Algoma University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Eligible Countries: Overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or graduate-level programmes offered at Algoma University can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be studying on a full-time basis (24-30 credits over two consecutive terms of study).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students can apply for admission via the university portal. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Submit copies of all transcripts, including secondary school transcripts, secondary school diplomas, post-secondary school transcripts, and diplomas/degrees
- Send proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
- Gap Letter/Gap Explanation
- Copy of Study Permit/Visa
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the country-specific admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- CAEL (paper-based, computer edition, or online) – 60
- Cambridge English Qualifications – 176
- Duolingo English Test (DET) – 110
- IELTS Academic (including IELTS Online) 6.0 overall
- TOEFL – 550 (paper-based)
- TOEFL – 79 (Computer or Home Edition)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic & PTE Academic Online) – 60
Algoma University will award the winning candidates a Award worth $1,000 towards their first year of study.