Envision a brighter future at Imperial College London, the UK’s premier institution devoted exclusively to science, engineering, medicine, and business. For applicants eyeing a Master’s degree in the fall of 2023, the opportunity to receive tailored advice from our team of experts is just a consultation away.
This specific scholarship targets students who identify as Black African, Black Caribbean, Black Other, or Mixed White and Black African. The mission is clear: to increase representation of people of color in higher education, particularly within Master’s programs that serve as a conduit to PhD degrees.
Why Choose Imperial College London?
Imperial College London is a unique British institution with a dedicated focus on science, engineering, medicine, and business. With an extensive catalog of over 100 undergraduate courses ranging from aeronautics to biology and from geophysics to medicine, Imperial has something for everyone. Furthermore, with nearly 150 Master’s programs and abundant research opportunities, your future academic and professional success is our top priority.
The application window for this opportunity opens on Monday, November 7, 2022, at 23:59 (UK local time), and will close on May 26, 2023.
- University or Organization: Imperial College London
- Department: Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Natural Sciences
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: Full tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Students of Black Heritage
- The award can be availed in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of Black Heritage are encouraged to apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any Master’s degree courses in the Earth Science and Engineering Department. MSc Applied Machine Learning in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department. The master award program is available in each faculty, including Business, Engineering, Medicine, and Natural Sciences, for Black applicants with home fee status.
- Admissible Criteria: To qualify for a Presidential Scholarship, applicants must identify with one of the following ethnic backgrounds: Black African, Black Caribbean, Black Other, Mixed White and Black African, Mixed White and Black Caribbean, and Other Mixed backgrounds, including Black African, Black Caribbean, or another Black background.
The application mode is online. Register your interest here.
How to Apply: To apply for a Presidential Scholarship, follow these steps: 1. Explore and choose your desired course. 2. Create an online account, submit your application through the portal, and act promptly. Refer to the application guide for additional support.
Supporting Documents: You must upload scanned copies of academic transcripts and certificates from previous higher education qualifications, proof of English language proficiency, names of two suitable referees, and a personal statement as part of your application.
Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the relevant entry requirements for admission to their preferred program. These requirements may vary between programs.
Language Requirement: Applicants must meet their course’s required English language competency level. Imperial College recognizes two levels of English language proficiency: Standard and Higher. See the English language requirements for postgraduate study.
The Presidential Scholarship offers:
- Home tuition fees up to £18,500* for eligible Master’s courses
- An annual maintenance grant of £16,500
- An allowance of £1,500 for equipment
- Mentoring support
- Full home tuition fees coverage for the MSc Applied Machine Learning in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and any Master’s courses in the Department of Earth Science and Engineering.
Step into a brighter future with the unique opportunities provided by Imperial College London. Take the first step towards greatness today.