Seize the opportunity to advance your marine science studies in the United Kingdom with the fully-funded OCPP Scholarships commencing in 2023. Offered by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), this educational grant is open to master’s or PhD students from G20 countries, enabling a valuable stepping stone in their higher education journey.
The scholarship stems from the UK’s Blue Planet Fund initiative, extending an educational lifeline to ambitious students from the United States and Pacific Islands. This program encompasses full financial support for a Master’s or PhD in Marine Science at an esteemed Commonwealth Host University, with provisions encompassing tuition fees, living expenses, travel allowances, and research backing.
The ACU, the trailblazer of international university networks, has been fostering academic excellence since its inception in 1913. With a global presence spanning 500 member universities across 50 countries, it caters to more than 10 million students and 1 million faculty members, providing 66% of its support to members in low- and middle-income regions.
Keep an eye on the calendar as the scholarship application window remains open until November 3, 2023.
- University/Organization: Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Department: Not Applicable
- Course Level: Masters/PhD
- Awards: Comprehensive financial support
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be availed in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Applications are welcomed from the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Tokelau, Samoa, Tonga, and Tuvalu.
- Eligible Courses: Courses in PhD or Master’s level studies in various areas of Marine Science, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, and more.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants for Master’s should be citizens and residents of the Solomon Islands or Vanuatu. For PhD applicants, citizenship in other Pacific Island countries is required. All applicants should possess relevant experience in environmental, fisheries, and aquaculture science, and propose innovative, timely research topics with potential for significant impact beyond academia.
To apply, candidates must complete the online application process through the host university’s application portal.
Supporting Documents: A study plan, impact and policy statement, personal development outline, and communication strategy for research findings are required.
Admission Requirements: Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and meet the postgraduate eligibility criteria of the host university.
Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the English language requirements of the host university. Tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc., are accepted.
The ACU will provide the following benefits for the selected candidates for a period of 18 months (Master’s) or three years (PhD):
- Tuition fees coverage
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Travel grant
- Dependent, disability, and maternity costs (case by case basis)
The opportunity to immerse yourself in Marine Science studies with the OCPP Scholarships could transform your future. As the clock ticks towards the application deadline, consider this the perfect time to seize the chance of a lifetime.